Thursday, May 19

Battle Blades Optimus Prime

 I originally took more pictures for this post, but unfortunately put off pulling them up to weed out any blurry pictures and do any necessary retakes. I have already started working on lining, and a little paint additions, so I'm going to hold off taking more until I'm done with that. In the mean time, here's a look at Battle Blade Optimus Prime straight out of the box.

Optimus Prime




In general, I'm not a big fan of the light piping gimmick for lighting up eyes optics. It's a pretty useless effect unless its directly under a light source, or you are handy with installing leds. I much prefer eyes to be painted, it really makes them more visible  and not so dull without a light source right above the figure. In cases such as this one, you actually lose a lot of detail that is molded into the area around the eyes... since its also part of the light piping gimmick. Trying to fix this will probably be the first thing I do.






Prime comes with two rifles that convert to become the exhausts in truck mode. Always a bonus when weapons are logically integrated into alt modes! They are a little smallish and not too interesting, but they are still a nice addition.



Prime as seen from the back. You can see where the rifles are stored when not in use.



 Of course, the main draw for this figure though are the swords.While not quite as long as I would have preferred, they look very cool.


 Movie 1 Voyager on the left, BB Optimus Prime on the right.


 This figure is essentially a shrunken down version of the Revenge of the Fallen Leader class Optimus Prime. Sadly, I don't own the leader version to compare this one with, so I will just have to stick with the original voyager when I revisit this figure later on. This version however is great and well worth adding to any movie collection.


Line: Hunt for the Decepticons
Class: Voyager
Verdict: Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment