Tuesday, July 15

Botcon 2014 Knight Flareup






Flareup is a straight redeco of the Prime: Robots in Disguise version of Arcee from Transformers: Prime. (What's with all the subtitles lately!?) This year's Botcon was the twentieth anniversary of the convention, and this was in part celebrated through some of the exclusive toy offerings for the year. Most of the at-show souvenirs were either straight up updates to older convention toys, and Flareup here is one of them. The original Flareup was a souvenir add-on at the 2005 show. That was my first Botcon, but I opted to skip the exclusives due to their high cost. (Oh if only past Adam knew what stuff goes for nowadays..) This Flareup is a straight redeco of the Prime: Robots in Disguise version of Arcee from Transformers: Prime. (What's with all the subtitles lately!? Back in my day..) As soon as the rumor list emerged with this figure on it, I knew it was going to be one of my favorites from this years offerings. I was right! It's not my favorite from this year, but its damn close.








with Prime: RiD Arcee

with Botcon 2014 Flamewar
Paint work is strong with this figure and I don't recall hearing about any significant issues with her at the show. She gets away from the tampograph issues that Ginrai has, but only because its a single tampo instead of one over another. There are no mold changes, and her accessories are identical to Arcee's. For me it was all about the deco on this one.




with Prime:RiD Arcee

with Botcon 2014 Flamewar

with Botcon 2014 Ginrai

Cybertronian Knights; Background: Alpha Trizer/Ginrai Foreground: Devcon/Flareip



No comments:

Post a Comment